We took delivery of 2,200 bricks (3 pallets) this morning for the new garden wall that will go up at the front of the property. The concrete footings for the wall are all complete now, so the bricks should start getting laid shortly. In the meantime I am busy finishing up the painting inside and repairing some vent holes in the hardwood floors from the old forced air heating system. Dad and I rebuilt the subfloor where all the holes were, and now I’m weaving in original boards that we pulled out of the kitchen and bathroom. If I get it right it’ll look like the vents were never there. Once I finish that I’ll be removing the protective covering off the floors and we’ll bring in the big floor sander to refinish them.
Below are some sketches of the design: Read More